cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure STM32CubeIDE to use J-link in tunnel mode

MirKoz
Associate III

I am trying to configure STM32CubeIDE to use J-link in tunnel mode. I know how to do it outside the CubeIDE. It requires the invocation of J-link GDB server with the additional -select command line parameter. And I don't know how to add this parameter in CubeIDE. Is there anyone there to help me with this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EJOHA
Senior

MKozi.9,

If additional parameters are needed when starting the J-Link GDB server you have to start it manually first and then configure the Debug configuaration in STM32CubeIDE to "Connect to remote GDB server". Please try. I hope this works!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EJOHA
Senior

MKozi.9,

If additional parameters are needed when starting the J-Link GDB server you have to start it manually first and then configure the Debug configuaration in STM32CubeIDE to "Connect to remote GDB server". Please try. I hope this works!

MirKoz
Associate III

Thank you for the quick reply. This actually solves the problem. However, could you consider adding an extra text field in the Debugger tab to pass such additional parameters to GDB server?

EJOHA
Senior

Thank you for confirming that it works. We will see if it could be possible to add an extra text field for additional parameters in the debugger tab. Please close this ticket as answered.