cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Are you in trouble buying a stm32f030? I have trouble buying stm32f030 in the Middle East. In most stores the stock of stm32f030 is zero. Has the production of the series stopped or is this deficiency due to the coronavirus?

Edadk.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Edadk.1​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊

STM32F030xx is fully supported for production anytime. But, we suffered in Q4’20 as the demand has grown bigger than our capacity to deliver.

Q1’21 is gonna be a transition period with much improvement on leadtime, and starting from Q2, there should be no issue left.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this response more easily.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Edadk.1​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊

STM32F030xx is fully supported for production anytime. But, we suffered in Q4’20 as the demand has grown bigger than our capacity to deliver.

Q1’21 is gonna be a transition period with much improvement on leadtime, and starting from Q2, there should be no issue left.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this response more easily.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Get your orders on the books, lead times aren't likely to shrink anytime soon, and there is unlikely to be free stock​ floating about.

The fire at AKM is also likely to have an impact​ on other parts, especially TCXO devices used in radio applications and GPS/GNSS

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Imen,

Can you please make this post sticky (or a similar one, perhaps listing all families affected)?

It appears that this will be a recurring theme here in the forthcoming weeks.

Thanks,

Jan

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000NBru3SAD/stm32f030cc-will-be-out-of-stock-for-one-year 

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Pmgx6SAB/what-is-the-problem-with-supply-of-stm32f091rct-product

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000QSOXWSA5

I am a hardware design engineer in Iran and I work in a startup team.

And we are currently planning to produce 5,000 units.

For the device MCU, I suggested the powerful stm32f030xxx microcontroller. Due to the lack of stm32f030xxx in the market and the increase in its price, I am under pressure to change the MCU to the AVR family.

Will the changes to the stm32f030xxx production schedule take more than a year, or do we hope that everything will be fine next month?

We in Iran still love stm32.

Thankful

At least for a development phase take a look to other pin compatible parts from the same STM32F0 or STM32G0 families. And going to AVR is definitely not necessary as there are plenty of other cheap Cortex-M providers in the market, including the Microchip.

ManishNair
Associate III

We developed more than 20 products around STM320f0 and now forced to switch the processor to AVR. Vendors are not accepting orders and cannot guarantee lead time.. In some way we are lucky to realize ST is not a reliable mfr at the very beginning...