cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-ISV020V1 resistors in the datasheet and in reality

GAbi .1
Associate II

Hi, I don't know if other people have had this problem.

Actually, in the datasheet of the STEVAL-ISV020V1 is mentionned that:

R1 = 10 Mohm

R2= 1 Mohm

R3 = 5.6 Mohm

R4 = 6.2 Mohm

R5 = 500 Kohm

R6 = 2.7 Mohm

However, when I received my evaluation board, I measured the resistors and got as follow:

R1 = 2 Mohm

R2 = 0.8 Mohm = 1

R3 = 0.9 Mohm

R4 = 0.62 Mohm

R5 = 480 Kohm

R6 = 0.6 Mohm

Th point is, since I am going to change the resistors in order to get Vuvp = 2.2V and Veoc = 4.2V, I should replace the them by values of resistors calculated referring to the equations in the datasheet.

But when changing the resistor, should I unsolder the existing ones and place new ones or I can solder new resistors in parallel with the existing ones ?

I'm kinda struggling using this device, so I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you !

Georgina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You can be sure that the resistors have the correct values. However, you will get (parasitic) parallel paths within the circuit or through the SPV1050 if you want to measure the resistores within the circuit, escpecially such high-ohmic ones.

It is completely up to you to:

• either calculate the new values, then calculate the values for those resistors to be connected in parallel and solder them to the existing ones or
  • unsolder the original ones and solder the new ones instead

Je vous en prie

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You can be sure that the resistors have the correct values. However, you will get (parasitic) parallel paths within the circuit or through the SPV1050 if you want to measure the resistores within the circuit, escpecially such high-ohmic ones.

It is completely up to you to:

• either calculate the new values, then calculate the values for those resistors to be connected in parallel and solder them to the existing ones or
  • unsolder the original ones and solder the new ones instead

Je vous en prie

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GAbi .1
Associate II

Okay, thank you so much !

So when measuring the resistors apart when disconnected from the circuit I get their real values.

Thank you

Georgina

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter