cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS3DWB over I2C. I know SPI is preferred but I have severe space restrictions and the extra 3 signals for SPI is a problem. So questions refer to I2C comms.

GBroo.2
Associate
  • Are there any I2C communication timings available available. Trials seem to indicate device is performing clock stretching and only achieving 200kHz on returned data.
  • FIFO usage. To reduce impact of I2C overhead, I would like use single axis mode on Z axis. If I use the 1AX_TO3REGOUT feature (CNTL4), can I restrict FIFO content to Tag and three Z axis readings. This alone would reduce I2C overhead. (ie 3 data sample per I2C read sequence using auto register increment)
  • Is there a method to burst read out of the FIFO, via I2C or do we need to always use a 7 byte read preceded with a register setup address of 0x78.

Comments very welcome

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @GBroo.2​ ,

>> Are there any I2C communication timings available available. 

The digital block of the I2C for the IIS3DWB is similar to other ST devices, especially the IIS2ICLX.

0693W000005CfLOQA0.png 

>> Can I restrict FIFO content to Tag and three Z axis readings

>> Is there a method to burst read out of the FIFO?

I'm afraid that the FIFO usage is the one that you depicted, i.e. you have to deal with the 7 bytes and the FIFO_DATA_OUT 3-axis pattern. I'm however not able to try your configuration right now, but if you can try them it can be useful.

-Eleon

SUpas.1194
Associate

@GBroo.2​ Hi Dear,

Can you help me with I2C code? Basic configuration? I am unable to read data. Thanks