cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor driver

yossih1978
Associate

Hello

I am using in my project both brush and brushless motor. My circuit works from 1 cell lion and have dc-dc step up to 6v for my motors.

My sensorless brushless motor part number is : https://www.maxongroup.com/maxon/view/configurator/BOM:ECXZ08M1VF44N1IL1D527B:GPX08AAKLSL16D0CPLW::::?from=%2fmaxon%2fview%2fcatalog%2f%3ftarget%3dcombination0

My driver for brushless motor is: DRV11873

My brushed motor part number is:

https://www.maxongroup.com/maxon/view/product/motor/dcmotor/re/re10/118386?etcc_cu=onsite&etcc_med=Header%20Suche&etcc_cmp=mit%20Ergebnis&etcc_ctv=Layer&query=118386

My driver for brush motor is: DRV8838

My question is: do you have a motor driver (small) that can drive both of my motors (separately of course) in one single IC?

I don’t have place on my board for both drivers!

Regards

yossi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @yossih1978​,

I can suggest to your application our STSPIN200 family a low-voltage monolithic motor drivers for battery-operated systems in  3 x 3 mm QFN package.

You can choose between different part numbers according your requirements:

• STSPIN230 Monolithic driver for 3-phase BLDC motors
  • STSPIN233 Monolithic driver for 3-phase BLDC motors optimized for 3 shunts configuration
  • STSPIN240 Monolithic driver for 2 DC motors with integrated PWM current control
  • STSPIN250 Monolithic driver for 1 DC motors with integrated PWM current control

The devices are designed to operate at low input voltages down to 1.8 V, over a wider current and temperature range, and can be forced in a zero consumption state – with quiescent current down to 80 nA – which allows significant power saving and makes these ICs ideal for batteryo-perated applications with an extended battery lifetime.

A complete set of protection features is present including over-current, over-temperature and short-circuit.

If I solved your doubts please "Select as Best" button in my reply.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @yossih1978​,

I can suggest to your application our STSPIN200 family a low-voltage monolithic motor drivers for battery-operated systems in  3 x 3 mm QFN package.

You can choose between different part numbers according your requirements:

• STSPIN230 Monolithic driver for 3-phase BLDC motors
  • STSPIN233 Monolithic driver for 3-phase BLDC motors optimized for 3 shunts configuration
  • STSPIN240 Monolithic driver for 2 DC motors with integrated PWM current control
  • STSPIN250 Monolithic driver for 1 DC motors with integrated PWM current control

The devices are designed to operate at low input voltages down to 1.8 V, over a wider current and temperature range, and can be forced in a zero consumption state – with quiescent current down to 80 nA – which allows significant power saving and makes these ICs ideal for batteryo-perated applications with an extended battery lifetime.

A complete set of protection features is present including over-current, over-temperature and short-circuit.

If I solved your doubts please "Select as Best" button in my reply.

I need one driver that can operate with bldc and dc motors. Is one of your 4 suggestions can do it ? בת�?ריך יו�? ו׳, 27 בנוב׳ 2020, 11:55, מ�?ת ST Community �?:

We do not have a single product able to drive both BLDC and DC motor.

But the suggested part numbers have a very small package 3x3 mm.

In particular for the BLDC motor you can save space using STSPIN230 or 233 compared to what is needed for HTSSOP16 (4.4 × 5 mm) of DRV11873.