cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using an ST25DV64 with an Android 8. I can read and write NDEF messages using the ST25 tap app only. If I write an NDEF message using any other app the operation fails (e.g. NFC tools from the android store). Can you tell me how to set CC File?

michael.gaechter
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

There is two way of reading NDEF messages with Android: native reading (reading without application) and reading with dedicated application.

You have to be aware that android version < 9.0 does not support native reading with tags with memory larger that 8kbits. Android >= 9.0 supports native reading of tag with any memory size.

With dedicted application, there is not this limit, whatever android version. That's why you are able to read/write the ndef message with the ST25Tapp app.

It should work also with other applications, assuming they write or understand the correct CCFile.

For CC File formating on ST25DV, I recommand you to read the following aplication note (AN4911), where everything is explained: https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00328901-ndef-management-with-st25dvxxx-and-st25tvxxx-products-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

There is two way of reading NDEF messages with Android: native reading (reading without application) and reading with dedicated application.

You have to be aware that android version < 9.0 does not support native reading with tags with memory larger that 8kbits. Android >= 9.0 supports native reading of tag with any memory size.

With dedicted application, there is not this limit, whatever android version. That's why you are able to read/write the ndef message with the ST25Tapp app.

It should work also with other applications, assuming they write or understand the correct CCFile.

For CC File formating on ST25DV, I recommand you to read the following aplication note (AN4911), where everything is explained: https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00328901-ndef-management-with-st25dvxxx-and-st25tvxxx-products-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Best regards.