cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L0 V1.12.0 / 28-October-2020 incomplete?

DZall.2
Associate II

I installed STM32CubeIDE v1.5 and I created a new project based on STM32L0 microprocessor. After downloaded the L0 package, the installer fails. I noticed that in the STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.3.zip the folder Utilities/PC_Software is missing (and therefore also the setup file...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DZall.2​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊.

Utilities / PC_Software folder is not included in STM32CubeL0 (V1.12.0) MCU package, nor in STM32CubeL0 (V1.11.0) either. Because once the new devices are delivered in an official release, the patches should not be delivered in the zip.

IAR, Keil and SW4STM32 are supposed to have integrated the new devices.

During the development phase, we need the patches, but at the time of the official release, the devices are available in the IDEs, so we do not deliver the patches.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DZall.2​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊.

Utilities / PC_Software folder is not included in STM32CubeL0 (V1.12.0) MCU package, nor in STM32CubeL0 (V1.11.0) either. Because once the new devices are delivered in an official release, the patches should not be delivered in the zip.

IAR, Keil and SW4STM32 are supposed to have integrated the new devices.

During the development phase, we need the patches, but at the time of the official release, the devices are available in the IDEs, so we do not deliver the patches.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi Imen,

Thank you for your support. My question arises beacause if I try to create a new project based on L0 target in STM32CubeIDE 1.5, I get this error

0693W000005CPrEQAW.jpgHow can I fix it?

Best regards,

Diego

Do you use a proxy? You can check the proxy settings in CubeIDE : Window > Preference > Network Connections.

If you use a proxy, you have to fill in HTTP and HTTPS, otherwise without proxy (with Direct and Native), you don't have to fill in the fields, just keep all fields empty.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
DZall.2
Associate II

This morning I managed to complete the download, probably the problem was with my corporate network...

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Diego