cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st-link USB driver problem

MJean.3
Associate III

my PC can't communicate with the stm32F7508-dk board. I installed st-link USB driver successfully (see image) but it doesn't appear in the windows device manager (se0693W000005CKJ2QAO.jpg image) and it doesn't run. In the ST-Link utility program I have 'no ST-LINK detected.

0693W000005CKJgQAO.jpg 

Why ?

Jean

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Maybe because Windows 7 has no native support for USB 3 and the 3rd party driver (Renesas) has a problem.

Try to connect ST-LINK thru a USB 2.0 (high speed) hub. Better, a powered one.

Use a high quality cable.

-- pa

MJean.3
Associate III

Hi Pavel,

perhaps I am wrong but before connecting a high quality cable I would like that the ST-Link USB driver to appear in the 'USB bus Controller' (in french it is controleur de bus USB) !

I uninstalled the Renesas USB driver et reinstall the St Link Usb Driver with C:\utilitaires\stm32\stlink_utility\ST-LINK_USB_V2_1_Driver\dpinst_amd64.exe

It says ok but nothing appears. Am i doing it wright ?

It's the first time I have such dificulties with USB driver !

Jean

MJean.3
Associate III

What is bad is that ST-Link Utility says 'there is an error' whith no further information. It could be nice if it says something more accurate !

Can someone explain me briefly how ST-Link works ? I inderstand that there is a hardware and a software on the board. But in the PC, I would think that there is an USB driver (to drive the hardware), a 'firmware' to manage the protocole, and wether St-Link Utility wether the IDE to manage what to download, ... Am I wrong ?

Jean

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> perhaps I am wrong but before connecting a high quality cable I would like that the ST-Link USB driver to appear in the 'USB bus Controller' (in french it is controleur de bus USB) !

Maybe the ST-Link is "Pereferique USB composite". Often it is a composite device with two or more functions.

-- pa