cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.5.0 crash issue

Gaston
Associate III

Hi,

I cannot import existing project into Workspace. Here's the error log when I try to select a root directory:

0693W000005CGxXQAW.png 

eclipse.buildId=Version 1.5.0
java.version=1.8.0_272
java.vendor=AdoptOpenJDK
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

org.eclipse.ui.workbench
Error
Mon Nov 23 11:08:37 CET 2020
Unhandled event loop exception

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4749)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4638)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4609)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Dialog.error(Dialog.java:202)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.DirectoryDialog.openNativeChooserDialog(DirectoryDialog.java:139)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.DirectoryDialog.open(DirectoryDialog.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.wizards.datatransfer.WizardProjectsImportPage.handleLocationDirectoryButtonPressed(WizardProjectsImportPage.java:1209)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.wizards.datatransfer.WizardProjectsImportPage$7.widgetSelected(WizardProjectsImportPage.java:726)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5685)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1423)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4953)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4446)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:823)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:799)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$Import.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:283)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:97)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:319)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:253)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:487)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:366)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.helpers.EmptyWorkspaceHelper$ImportAction.run(EmptyWorkspaceHelper.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.helpers.EmptyWorkspaceHelper$1.linkActivated(EmptyWorkspaceHelper.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleActivate(AbstractHyperlink.java:215)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleMouseUp(AbstractHyperlink.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.lambda$3(AbstractHyperlink.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5685)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1423)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4953)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4446)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1158)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1047)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:658)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1420)

Any hints?

gaston

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Gaston,

I've ran some import tests on the Linux distributions that we support, Ubuntu® LTS 18.04, LTS 20.04, Fedora® 29 and Fedora® 31. However, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem so my guess is that it might be something specific to Mint but I don't have a test environment for that distribution since we don't officially support it.

Do you have another OS you could try the use case on and see if you face the same issue?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Is this for any directory you choose or a specific one?

What version of Linux are you using?

Gaston
Associate III

Is this for any directory. Just after clicking the "Browse..." buttom

I've used the previous version 1.4.0 with no problems on my Linux Mint 18.3 64-bit

gaston

I'll see if I can set up a test environment to reproduce the problem and I'll get back to you with my findings.

Gaston
Associate III

Hi Markus,

Do you have any news about this problem? I still can't import an existing project.

gaston

Hello Gaston,

I've ran some import tests on the Linux distributions that we support, Ubuntu® LTS 18.04, LTS 20.04, Fedora® 29 and Fedora® 31. However, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem so my guess is that it might be something specific to Mint but I don't have a test environment for that distribution since we don't officially support it.

Do you have another OS you could try the use case on and see if you face the same issue?

Hi Markus,

I've finally update my GTK+ version from v3.18 to v3.20. Now it works as expected.

Thank you for all anyway,

gaston