cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up torque control to keep the constant torque regaldress of motor load

PX.2
Associate

Hi,

I have a problem with STM Motor Control,

I got Nucleo F446 and G431 and IHM08M1 motor driver with Maxon EC90 and T-Motor, with Hall sensor encoder.

The problem is, when I set the torque it is hold to certain load. If motor load is greather than motor can carry, the controller reduces PWM duty, and the current and torque drops to almost zero. Is this normal behavior?

Another problem is holding motor in torque control loop. I need to set a torque not only to move a motor, but to hold it in place (aka stationary joint), but when torque is set to only match load, motor instead of holding in place, with constant force it jumps back and forward. Switchig beetwenn phases.

I managed to design a fix to the first issue inside the PWM_Curr_Feedback, but it is not the solution i want. I still did not solved second problem.

Is this designed behavior of Motor Control?

2 REPLIES 2
ETinn.1
Associate

I would also like to inquire in this thread along the same lines as the OP. I also agree that STM Motor Control has what appears to be 2 ways to drive a PMSM or BLDC using voltage PWM and FOC and that it can run motors under load at speed above a certain threshold but not at stall.

I want to know if there is any method in the firmware or elsewhere that allows me to drive a motor under load from a stall up to various different speeds and with various accelerations, both forward and reverse with constant torque (constant tension force).

I want stationary up to 5 m/s and accelerations up to 20 m/s^2 motor control. What are the approaches I should take?

ETinn.1
Associate

Also I'm using the Nucleo F446 and IHM08M1boards w/Hall sensors.