cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select Parallel LTDC interface thru TouchGFX Generator on STM32H745I-DISCO project

GTrei.1
Associate II

Within TouchGFX Generator the Display/Interface selection only allows Custom and Parallel RGB(LTDC) is grayed out. LTDC appears to be enabled correctly? See pics below:

How can I select the LTDC Interface? I'm using CubeMX 6.1.0, MCU Package for STM32H7 Series 1.8.0, and TouchGFX 4.15.0

Thanks.

TouchGFX Generator:

LTDC:

9 REPLIES 9
N. SANTINI
ST Employee

Hi,

Are you sure that the LTDC is enabled on the same core (M7 in your case) ?

Best regards,

Nicolas

@N. SANTINI​ 

Hello Nicolas,

Yes it is on the M7 core as shown below. I also attached my project file.

Regards,

Gary

0693W000005CWe7QAG.png

You are right, I am able to reproduce it starting from scratch.

This is the first release of the Cube Expansion Pack support for dual core platform in CubeMX there may still be some bug remaining.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I already reported the point to the R&D team internally, I will come back to you (or maybe a R&D team member will answer) as soon as I get a feedback.

Best regards,

N. SANTINI
ST Employee

Dear Gary,

Unfortunately after an internal cross-check (with the TouchGFX team) the support of Cube Expansion Pack for dual-core is only a pre-requisite for TouchGFX Generator.

The TouchGFX generator does not officially support dual-core platform and should not have been allowed to be enabled in CubeMX 6.1.0.

So for the time being you cannot configure TouchGFX in CubeMX for a dual-core MCU, you should instead use either the TouchGFX Designer application template for H747 (same as H745 with security features on top, migration should be easy) or the H7 Cube Firmware examples.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,

Nicolas

PDiet.5
Associate II

I have the same setup as the OP but with the STM32H757I-EVAL board (using a display connected via parallel RGB - not the DSI display included in the evaluation board), the current CubeMX 6.2.0 and STM32H7 Series 1.9.0.

I was able to select the TouchGFX Generator, but the parallel LTDC option is still grayed out.

Is this still in development?

Hi,

The TouchGFX Generator unfortunately still does not support dual cores in 4.16.1 - We've been working with the CubeMX team to get project generation working for dual-core / TouchGFX. It's now working (For 6.2.1), but it won't be supported natively by the pack before 4.17.1.

/Romain

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue today. My versions are:

STM32H745BIT6

CubeMX 6.3.0

Cube package for STM32H7   1.9.1

TouchGFX  4.18.1

The ioc file attached. Please help with identifying if I'm missing something or advise workaround.

BR

@Romain DIELEMAN​ 

Hi,

Please note my message above. Please help.�?�?

@Romain DIELEMAN​ 

Hi,

I switched to TouchGFX  4.18.0 _M7, 4.18.1 is for M4. This solved the problem.

BR