cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user label problem in cubeMx 6.1.0

Arnold Bischof
Associate III

After an update from cubeMX 6.0.1 to 6.1.0 the user labels have disappeared in pinOut view. Only the function per pin is displayed. Is there an option to make either the user label or the pin function visible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Arnold Bischof​ ,

Good news 🙂 I am pleased to inform you that this issue is fixed in the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.2.0.

Thank you for your contribution.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Arnold Bischof,

I can't reproduce the issue from my side; User Labels don't disappear after migration from version 6.0.1 to 6.1.0.

Could you please attach your .ioc file for further check.

Regards,

Khouloud.

Hello Khouloud,
In the attachment I send the .IOC file with which I found the problem.
When I load the .IOC file (V6.0.1) with cubeMx (V6.1.0), the dialog for Migration or Continue appears.
In both cases I observe the problem that the pin names are no longer displayed.
Regards,
Arnold
Am 24.11.2020 um 09:24 schrieb ST Community:

Hello Arnold Bischof,

I could not find any attachment. Please check that you have correctly shared your .ioc file.

That will help to track the issue.

0693W000005CZCfQAO.png 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Khouloud.

Arnold Bischof
Associate III

Hello Khouloud,

In the attachment I send the .IOC file with which I found the problem.

When I load the .IOC file (V6.0.1) with cubeMx (V6.1.0), the dialog for Migration or Continue appears.

In both cases I observe the problem that the pin names are no longer displayed.

Regards,

Arnold

Hi Arnold Bischof,

It is a bit odd, but I still can't reproduce the problem. I have loaded the attached project and when the warning window is displayed offering two options; whether to Migrate or continue, I have tried both cases and it is always the same result: There is no problem with the User Labels, they're correctly displayed in the Pinout view.

Checking the Pins/Signals Option, the User Label field is specifying the label name for each pin of the list as set by you.

0693W000005CsiQQAS.pngIt is strange that it is not working from your side, but let's see what can we do to resolve this misbehavior.

So if you miss any information in the scenario that you have reproduced please let me know, is there any other warning messages appearing when you load your project?

Also attaching the STM32CubeMX.log file that you'll find under [C:\<User_path>\.stm32cubemx] will be helpful to further check the problem.

I will be waiting for your response.

Khouloud.

Arnold Bischof
Associate III

Hello Kouloud,

I found out what the problem was.

After loading the 6.0.1 IOC file for the first time in cubeMx 6.1.0 the Pin User Labels were not displayed initially, although the 'Show User Label' entry in the 'Pinout' menu was checked. After unckecking and checking the 'Show User Label' entry once, the user labels are now displayed correctly.

Hi Arnold Bischof,

Thanks for your feedback, glad that you have found a solution for your problem.

Actually this happens just in case the Show User Label entry has been unchecked when you have saved the project before migration: In the project created with older version of CubeMX (the 6.0.1 in this case), the Show User Label entry is unchecked. Loading the saved project with the latest 6.1.0 CubeMX version, this entry will be checked by default.

This behavior may be confusing, I will report it internally to find a permanent solution and I will keep you posted.

Khouloud.

Hello @Arnold Bischof​ ,

Good news 🙂 I am pleased to inform you that this issue is fixed in the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.2.0.

Khouloud.