Senior

Hi

Tutorial 3 with a clock.

How to improve accuracy?

best regards

Andrzej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's more clear now: Clock, you mean Time, not SYSCLK.

We provided a detailed RTC examples (AN4759) which can give you better idea, or you can get inspired from RTC examples within STM32CubeF7 MCU firmware and use the smooth calibration function (HAL_RTCEx_SetSmoothCalib) to calibrate the RTC: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32F746ZG-Nucleo\Examples\RTC\RTC_Calendar

Have a look at the "RTC smooth digital calibration" section in the RM0385 and this stm32f7xx_hal_rtc_ex.c file, this will help you to understand RTC calibration behaviour and have more idea on how configuration/implementation is done.

Hope this helps you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Andrzej Dębski​ ,

To improve the accuracy, I recommend you to refer to this AN2834 Application note How to get the best ADC accuracy in STM32 microcontrollers

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I didn't mean the accuracy of the ADC, but the accuracy of the system clock pulses.

Could you please provide more details ? What do you have on MCO outputs ?

Thanks
Imen

I'm sending two time display files.

They display the time. How to improve accuracy?

It's more clear now: Clock, you mean Time, not SYSCLK.

We provided a detailed RTC examples (AN4759) which can give you better idea, or you can get inspired from RTC examples within STM32CubeF7 MCU firmware and use the smooth calibration function (HAL_RTCEx_SetSmoothCalib) to calibrate the RTC: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32F746ZG-Nucleo\Examples\RTC\RTC_Calendar

Have a look at the "RTC smooth digital calibration" section in the RM0385 and this stm32f7xx_hal_rtc_ex.c file, this will help you to understand RTC calibration behaviour and have more idea on how configuration/implementation is done.

Hope this helps you.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Thank