cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to launch STM32Cubeprogrammer in ubuntu can you please tell me.

MVENN.1
Associate II

i am not able to flash the image in stm32mp157c-dk2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MVENN.1​ ,

Only the last version 2.6 is supported on Ubuntu 20.04.

And since this version the JRE is bundle inside STM32CubeProgrammer and no longer need extra JRE package.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
KnarfB
Principal III

There is a detailed description in the wiki. Works fine for me. The latest version 2.6. should also have some improvements.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Thanks @KnarfB​ .

Here is the wiki link https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let%27s_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks

I can able to flash the image in SD card through Windows only but only two images screenshots getting.

MVENN.1
Associate II

when i am launch through the linux its getting errors this please once check.

Error: Unable to access jarfile /STM32CubeProgrammerLauncher

how to i open STM32Cubeprogramming in ubuntu.

MVENN.1
Associate II

moveon@moveon-VirtualBox:/usr/local/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin$ sudo ./STM32CubeProgrammer

Error: Could not find or load main class com.st.app.Main

moveon@moveon-VirtualBox:/usr/local/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin$ 

This message i am getting

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MVENN.1​ ,

Which version of Ubuntu are you using ?

You should have a icon on the desktop.

You may have to right click / select "Allow Launching".

Then double click on this should launch CubeProg.

Could you also try to run the CLI for a check ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

HI Olivier GALLIEN (ST Employee)

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 version.

on the desktop icon is there but it doesn't open when i am click to "Allow Launching"

it shows like

0693W000005CNwMQAW.jpg0693W000005CNwCQAW.jpgThanks

Hi @MVENN.1​ ,

First of all, did you do all these prerequisites:

PC $> sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre-headless

PC $> sudo update-alternatives --config java

Select the java-8-openjdk configuration.

PC $> sudo apt purge openjfx

PC $> sudo apt install openjfx=8u161-b12-1ubuntu2 libopenjfx-jni=8u161-b12-1ubuntu2 libopenjfx-java=8u161-b12-1ubuntu2

PC $> sudo apt-mark hold openjfx libopenjfx-jni libopenjfx-java

Then, did you well choose "$HOME/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MPU-Tools/STM32CubeProgrammer-2.5.0" as path when installing the launcher ? And is it working when running "$HOME/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MPU-Tools/STM32CubeProgrammer-2.5.0/./STM32CubeProgrammer" ?

Also, does the CLI is working ? (what do you get when running "$HOME/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MPU-Tools/STM32CubeProgrammer-2.5.0/./STM32_Programmer_CLI")

Armand

this information i am getting please check it.

0693W000005CORjQAO.jpgThanks