cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay I have previously posted on this community and got great feedback. So I spent a while fixing my schematic for the STM32F722RET6. If someone could check my pin outs of VDD and VSS that would help a lot.

JZipf.1
Associate II

It's an ugly schematic I know. The reason It's so tight is because I'm planning on adding more components, like a gyroscope, barometer, etc. I am using the ST-links debugger. But I just need someone to help and check my VDD and VSS pinouts. Each VDD is connected to a 100nF capacitor and all of them are also connected to a 5.0uF tantalum capacitor and the VSS are connected to ground.

4 REPLIES 4
JZipf.1
Associate II

forgot to upload the pdf

TDK
Guru

You need to connect VDD/VDDA pins directly to 3.3V. The bypass caps should be between VDD and VSS and placed near the pin pair.

The VCAP capacitor (C11) should be 2.2uF or 4.7uF. Unlike VDD pins, VCAP should not be connected directly to 3.3V, and should just have a bypass to ground (correct).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
gregstm
Senior III

You need to get some help with your Boot0 connection. You have tied Boot0 to ground using a 10K resistor - good. But the switch needs to act/connect between the micro and the resistor (it does nothing in its present position). The led and its resistor needs to connect to the same spot. I would leave the ground connection off the switch, it only needs to pull Boot0 high when required. Is there an electronics person where you are to help you? Note also that you can download the schematics of the nucleo boards - download them and study them carefully (or any other schematics of simple board designs) and compare them with your design. I and others are only glancing at your design, and if you rely on us finding all the errors you will end up disappointed.

This document seems to cover the basics and has a schematic at the end you can copy/study.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00164549-getting-started-with-stm32f7-series-mcu-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf

... and this one is similar, but has a simpler schematic that might be easier to get ideas from..

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00112257-getting-started-with-stm32l0xx-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf

(Note - they do Boot0 different from me because I try to save maximum space and maximise reliability for my product. I use 10K to permanently pull Boot0 to ground, and use a circular pad (between Boot0 pin and resistor) so I can press a spring loaded test probe onto the pad via a test jig - ie. the Boot0 switch is not on the board, but on the test jig)