cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card class

papageno
Associate III

Hi everybody,

With a 4 bits SDIO and stm32f446RE i can read and write data from SD using the FatFs lib, no problem. Ths Sd card is a sanDisk Ultra 8GB (10) MicroSd HC1 class1461. using 512bytes transfers (sector size), the write speed is not so amazing.I bought another card SanDisk 32G MicroSd HC 1 V30 (3) A1 class 3511. Two problems:

1- the software stays stuck in SD init routine, somewhere in GetCmdResp . But when i run the software in debug mode step by step, it is going through. I know timings are longer of course. And when the init has been passed step by step , the software can run freely but the transfer times are higher than the first (10) SD card.

2- Second remark and question, median time is higher but no more peaks ( more that 12ms for a 512bytes write). So time are disappointing.

My main concern is about the step by step to pass the init routines; Any idea why it is acting like that and any solution to go over that issue ? Everyone complains about sdio and HAL and the way ST implemented sdio. Any link on links to working and reliable examples with read:write transfers and SD card management.

Thanks in advance.

pap

0 REPLIES 0