cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-ISV020V1 Evaluation board for SPV1050 ULP - Undervoltage protection problem

GAbi .1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using STEVAL-ISV020V1 the evaluation board for the charge controller SPV1050 ULP.

Based on the datasheet, the undervoltage protection (UVP) is 3.7V and the EOC is 4.2V. By doing few changes, VUVP can go down to 2.2 V and VEOC up to 5.3 V.

I would like to start charging by a UVP of 2.2, but the battery I'm using has a voltage of 4.2V not 5.3V. (EFL700A39)

In this case, what should I do ? There is no possibility to decrease the UVP from 3.7 to 2.2V ?

Thank you for your reply and your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Perhaps you have misunderstood something: the datasheet of the SPV1050 mentiones a range of 2.2V...3.6V for UVP and 2.6V...5.3V for EOC.

The STEVAL-ISV020V1 is preset to VUVP=3.7V and VEOC=4.2V, but of course, you can change this by recalculating and changing the values of R4, R5 and R6. Please check AN4397 and the datasheet of the SPV1050 mentioned above for more details.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Perhaps you have misunderstood something: the datasheet of the SPV1050 mentiones a range of 2.2V...3.6V for UVP and 2.6V...5.3V for EOC.

The STEVAL-ISV020V1 is preset to VUVP=3.7V and VEOC=4.2V, but of course, you can change this by recalculating and changing the values of R4, R5 and R6. Please check AN4397 and the datasheet of the SPV1050 mentioned above for more details.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.