cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 : Using event process functions tables.

Vyacheslav
Senior II

Hi.

In SDK I foud interesting source files: ble_events.h, ble_events.c, in wich we have 3 structures defined as hci_event_table_t.

Also in ble_legacy.h we have a defines to that structures.

Every strucrure have event code and callback and callback calls a process function which is a __WEAK.

But any examples dont use that feature.

Questions:

1. Can I use these files or are they temporary and after a while they can change dramatically or disappear?

2. Many event in that files not declared of those that are in "AN5270" (STM32WB Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) wireless interface). Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christophe Arnal
ST Employee

​Hello,

1/ The ble_events. and ble_events.h will be kept in all deliveries and will be maintained.

Our examples are based on the other model which is more suitable for a generic scalable framework.

For a dedicated application where the number of services and characteristics is limited and well known in advance, then the event mechanism would be a nice alternative as it is more friendly to decode the received packet.

2/ If you spotted any mismatch between the AN5270 abd the ble_events.c/h files, this is not expected. I will report this to the dedicated team.

Do you have any mismatch example to provide  ?

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vyacheslav
Senior II

?

Christophe Arnal
ST Employee

​Hello,

1/ The ble_events. and ble_events.h will be kept in all deliveries and will be maintained.

Our examples are based on the other model which is more suitable for a generic scalable framework.

For a dedicated application where the number of services and characteristics is limited and well known in advance, then the event mechanism would be a nice alternative as it is more friendly to decode the received packet.

2/ If you spotted any mismatch between the AN5270 abd the ble_events.c/h files, this is not expected. I will report this to the dedicated team.

Do you have any mismatch example to provide  ?

Regards.

Christophe, thanks for nice answers.

About second question: I prepare many examples and put them in this topic.

Thanks.