cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to locate missing windows.h files for VL53L0X API?

MGryb.1
Associate

Where to locate missing header files for VL53L0X API?

Hi all

I am currently trying to integrate the VL53L0X sensor to a STM32L053 discovery board using CubeMX and Cube IDE, but I haven't had the best of luck...

I am inexperienced regarding the integration of sensors and I2C.

I have downloaded the API and API user manual. I have read the datasheet for the VL53L0X which only seems to provide me with two addresses for reading and writing (0x52 and 0x53). The datasheet seem to rely on the API library provided by ST, making it hard (or impossible for a newbie such as myself) to integrate otherwise.

Now my issue is: after downloading the API and including all c-files and header-files provided under the API folder (core and platform) I am unable to build the project and get an error message that the windows.h, Windows.h and SERIAL_COMMS.h files do not exist.

I do not understand why windows.h is needed, but it seems to complicate issues when I try to remove the #include. The SERIAL_COMMS.h sounds important and also (as expected) gives complications when removed.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Is there anyone who also struggle with this issue?

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

windows.h and serial_comms belong to the PC end of the demo. What you need are the API files only, i.e. the stuff in en.STSW-IMG005.zip\VL53L0X_1.0.2\Api\ if you downloaded that. Using the doc in the .zip you are supposed to call the API functions. The next chip VL53L1X has an "ultra light" driver which I like nuch more.