cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG : STM32CubeProgrammer 2.6.0] Space in "Program Files" makes external loader loading failing

SimonF
Senior

Hello,

I cannot use correctly TouchGFX Designer. When I use "run Target", when arriving at the step of stmCubeProgrammer, I have this issue :

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                               STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0                  
              -------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: External loader c:\program cannot be loaded.
        Error: External loader files\stmicroelectronics\stm32cube\stm32cubeprogrammer\bin\externalloader\n25q128a_stm32469i-disco.stldr cannot be loaded.
        ST-LINK SN  : 066EFF3530384E5043221930
        ST-LINK FW  : V2J36M26
        Board       : 32F469IDISCOVERY
        Voltage     : 3.24V
        SWD freq    : 4000 KHz
        Connect mode: Normal
        Reset mode  : Software reset
        Device ID   : 0x434
        Revision ID : Rev A
        Device name : STM32F469xx/F467xx
        Flash size  : 2 MBytes
        Device type : MCU
        Device CPU  : Cortex-M4

As you can see the path for the external loader path is splited in 2 parts because of the space in "Program Files". It seems that I am the only one with this issue ? I did not have this issue with the previous release of TouchGFX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Svenn Dahlstrom​ ,

CubeProgrammer team is fixing this, but in the meantime you can either use 2.5 and be happy, or.... i'm publishing a known issue for cubeprogrammer 2.6 to make it work with TouchGFX makefiles (which works since its from command-line as you mention).

/Martin

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi, i'll investigate if this is an issue with CubeProgrammer 2.6.0. That seems to be an internal error message.

/Martin

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

<sarcasme> Spaces and backslashes in filennames are such a great achievment</sarcasme>

SimonF
Senior

@Martin KJELDSEN​ , I updated CubeProgrammer because I thought it was the issue. Thus, I had the same problem with previous release of CubeProgrammer.

I also reinstalled TouchGFX to the default folder just in case ^^

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Oh, okay! That's really strange. There must be an internal refernce in cubeprogrammer to the loader files (stldr) but it fails because its inside program files. That's never been a problem here. I have 32-bit and 64-bit versions installed in both program files and program files (x86)

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I added this post to the STM32CubeProgrammer community as well

Do you mean that I am the "only" one having this issue ?

Can I test something to resolve this issue then ? Reinstall something with a previous release, or something else ?

Thank you.

​It's not something I've heard about before, no, hmm. I'm not an expert on CubeProgrammer to be honest.

I've added the CubeProgrammer topic to the post. Let's see if we can get some answers.

/Martin

SimonF
Senior

For the people more aware of STM32CubeProgrammer side. When using with the GUI (ie not with TouchGFX), I have no problem to add the external loader (by checking the right light under the "External loaders" menu) when connecting to the board. And thus, I can flash successfully the binary created by TouchGFX and I have the correct interface I have designed.

SimonF
Senior

Hello @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I used the STM32CubeProgrammer CLI to test if it is TouchGFX related. And it is not. I have the same problem. Strangly, as I said, I don't seem to have the problem when using the CubeProgrammer GUI.

Should I create a new topic because it has nothing to do with TouchGFX ?