cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeMX MDK-ARM project generation have a problem

PPoob.1
Associate III

Hi

I am facing issue with the "generate code" to generate the boiler plate code for the nucleo-f44re

0693W000005Bu6gQAC.jpghere is the software that I am running with :

STMCubeMX_v6-0-1

Keil ARM-MDK 5.32

java version "1.8.0_271" (Java 8 I believe) , which is the recommended version of Java to run the CubeMX

*I even install the STM32CubeMX in the most shallow C directory "C:\<here>", so that I would not encounter any issues with too long path names*

This "generate code" issue comes right after I resolved another Issue with "installing stm32cube_fw_f4_v1252 libraries"

0693W000005Bu7jQAC.jpgI managed to resolved this "stm32cube_fw_f4_v1252" library installing issue by manually going to the C:\\<User>\STM32Cube\Repository and manually unzipping the files .

could the problem of "generating the code", stem from this method of resolving "the stm32cube_fw_f4_v1252 library installing issue"?

are there anyone familiar with this issue of "project generation" or this software able to provide some assistance in resolving this issue ?

A swift reply and solution would be much appreciated 😀

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good, I found your issue !

STM32CubeMX is pointing to JAVA 13

2020-11-19 13:52:38,448 [INFO] MicroXplorer:564 - Detected Java Version = 13.0.2

As described in the STM32CubeMX User Manuel UM1718.pdf, CubeMX is not validated with JAVA 13.

Can you clean your environment by installing only JAVA8 and updating your Java path is configured?

Best regards,

Nesrine

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @PPoob.1​ 

Can you please provide us the JAVA version used in your Windows 64-bit.

You can open CMD console and do the command:

java -version

Best regards,

Nesrine

For the second point, as the message is reporting, it indicate a directory with the CubeFW name exists in the repository.

So, to fix the issue (workaround) the user should inspect the Repository folder, and delete the unexpected directory.

Best regards,

Nesrine

thanks for he quick reply

here is the screen shot of the java version:

0693W000005BviHQAS.jpg

yup i have already resolve the second pictures issue, I extracted the zip file and place it in the Repository folder, and no longer see that error message.

The issue now seems to be the "project generation problem"

I need the STM32CubeMX log file.

Can you please send us the STM32CubeMX.log under "C:\Users\<username>\.stm32cubemx".

Best regards,

Nesrine

hi here is the log file :

Good, I found your issue !

STM32CubeMX is pointing to JAVA 13

2020-11-19 13:52:38,448 [INFO] MicroXplorer:564 - Detected Java Version = 13.0.2

As described in the STM32CubeMX User Manuel UM1718.pdf, CubeMX is not validated with JAVA 13.

Can you clean your environment by installing only JAVA8 and updating your Java path is configured?

Best regards,

Nesrine

oh wow thanks ! Can i ask how can I clean my environment by removing this java 13, and updating my java path to only java 8 ? because in my cmd prompt it seems like there is only java 8 installed

You should remove the JDK v13.0.1, restart, delete all non necessary files in that directory .