cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a error after importing existing project

Dolence
Associate III

I had to reinstall Windows on my PC. I made a backup of my projects and after everything was running I've downloaded and installed the latest STM32CubeIDE version. I'm trying to import my TouchGFX project back to the new workspace but it isn't compiling anymore. The reported error is:

cannot find -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.5.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

What version of TouchGFX are you using ? Are you working with a custom project or are you using a TouchGFX Board Setup for one of ST's development kits ?

As Martin wrote, could you check your linker settings ? To do so right click on the project name in the Tree View in STM32CubeIDE, select "Properties". Then in the "C/C++ Build " tab go to "Settings" and check under the MCU G++ Linker that you have the correct library path.

Could you also check your library paths ? To do so right click on your project name in the Tree View in STM32CubeIDE, select "Properties". Then in the "C/C++ General" tab go to "Paths and Symbols" and check that you have the right includes and paths.

/Romain

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Please check the linker settings in CubeIDE - Are they pointing to the correct folder where the lib is located?

Jonathan O.
Associate II

Hey there,

did you solve your issue?

I am having the same problem, but no clue how to solve this. I am very new to the CubeIDE.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Hi,

What version of TouchGFX are you using ? Are you working with a custom project or are you using a TouchGFX Board Setup for one of ST's development kits ?

As Martin wrote, could you check your linker settings ? To do so right click on the project name in the Tree View in STM32CubeIDE, select "Properties". Then in the "C/C++ Build " tab go to "Settings" and check under the MCU G++ Linker that you have the correct library path.

Could you also check your library paths ? To do so right click on your project name in the Tree View in STM32CubeIDE, select "Properties". Then in the "C/C++ General" tab go to "Paths and Symbols" and check that you have the right includes and paths.

/Romain

Hi,

thanks for your help! It solved all my problems 🙂

Main problem was that the paths from my VM didn't match the paths on the Mac System. Fixed it and now it works fine!

Thanks!

Jonathan

Perfect 👍

/Romain

Glad it helped 🙂

I am using Eval Board-stm32h757i and trying to interface LCD (using stm32cubeide). I have linked library and set the right path but error has not gone. Can you please help me solve this issue. 0693W00000D2P6eQAF.png0693W00000D2OziQAF.png

I think your setting is malformed for the library. You just want to reference it and let cubeide resolve it in the path that is configured. Try this.

Libraries:

:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a

/Martin

Mkuma.5
Associate II

"simulator/gcc/Makefile:20: *** Spaces not allowed in path. Stop.

Failed"

I get this issue while compiling or generating code. changed names but no luck yet. Any suggestions please.