cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding sensor fusion application on Sensortile.box

VRakc.1
Associate II

In order to do bench-marking of the work of sensor fusion I wanted to create a code application to test it out. The one provided as a part of the phone app doesnt work reliably, also wanted to code it myself. I was checking intro provided on the website. In the "Pro mode" examples provided I couldnt find any code example related to Sensor fusion.

I have problem finding some other code examples and extensive API documentation that I can use to create sensor fusion custom application for Sensortile.box as well as to preferably visualize the output. I found a page on MotionFX but its not clear how to implement it and link all the libraries for Sensortile.box. How can I try solving this task?

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @VRakc.1​ ,

The STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 (SensorTile.box) works with several different firmware function packs, some of which implements the sensor fusion feature, using the MotionFX you found.

For example, the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 package includes a project for the SensorTile.box (that can be found in \Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications\ALLMEMS1), that uses (or that is structured to include) some of the X-Cube-MEMS libraries (such as the MotionFX one, folder \Middlewares\ST\STM32_MotionFX_Library). My suggestion is to start from this, before implementing a code from scratch.

You can also check the Sensor fusion - Quaternion app from the smartphone app STBLE sensor for validating the function outputs. Sensor fusion is described in the user manual UM2499, from p.9.

In case this answer helped you to solve you issue, this please mark it as best by clicking on the Select as Best button. This will help other users find the solution for this issue more quickly.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @VRakc.1​ ,

The STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 (SensorTile.box) works with several different firmware function packs, some of which implements the sensor fusion feature, using the MotionFX you found.

For example, the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 package includes a project for the SensorTile.box (that can be found in \Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications\ALLMEMS1), that uses (or that is structured to include) some of the X-Cube-MEMS libraries (such as the MotionFX one, folder \Middlewares\ST\STM32_MotionFX_Library). My suggestion is to start from this, before implementing a code from scratch.

You can also check the Sensor fusion - Quaternion app from the smartphone app STBLE sensor for validating the function outputs. Sensor fusion is described in the user manual UM2499, from p.9.

In case this answer helped you to solve you issue, this please mark it as best by clicking on the Select as Best button. This will help other users find the solution for this issue more quickly.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @VRakc.1​ ,

any news on this topic?

-Eleon

Hey @Eleon BORLINI​ , thanks, I was able to check everything out and run it. Regarding APIs, I was able to find *.chm files in the project you provided. I found them quite helpful, for example for MotionFX (Middlewares\ST\STM32_MotionFX_Library/Documentation/MotionFX_Library.chm) . So far I am working based on the example code of the project and *.chm documentation. I found some brief explanation on the stm website also. However, it would be great if you have more extensive documentation regarding MotionFX and other modules used in the project. Currently I am limited only to functionalities provided in the examples, being able to modify them and understand better based on *.chm, but I feel that I can easily miss some useful possibilities of the modules. Any suggestions on that point?

Hi @VRakc.1​ ,

please note that the user manual UM2220 and the *.chm file are the most complete publicly available documentation on this topic.

If, however, you need the source code of the MotionFX library, that could help you to better understand the algorithm, you should contact an ST sales office and representatives (at this link), since the release of STM proprietary libraries is subject to signature of a License User Agreement (LUA).

-Eleon