cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 batch B04 issues

PPhan.1
Associate II

I've got 2 units of B-G431B-ESC1 version Y batch B04 and been struggling for 2 weeks already. Tried all the hacks on https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000HwV8RSAV but they are still not working properly. The latest and best tried so far was following @JA.1 (Community Member)​: Motor spin a little at the startup (beep sound), when I feed input PWM signal --> motor ramping up spin in about 2 seconds and then stops. Tried different PWM duty cycles but still the same.

I've also commented out the esc functions and only used simple motor control functions (MC_ProgramSpeedRampMotor1(150, 3000);

MC_StartMotor1();

HAL_Delay(10000); ) --> the motor ramp up and stop almost the same way after 2s.

Looks like this issue happen when the controller jumping to FOC mode. Any help out there please?

2 REPLIES 2
PPhan.1
Associate II

Today I managed to run the motor with motor control functions (ramp up, run and stop), also managed to run with Start/stop button. But I'm still stuck with ESC. Only a single beep this time and motor did not move in the ESC routine.

Still not sure the reason, here are what I did:

1. Completely removed CubeIDE, MCSDK and CubeMX.
  2. Reinstalled all of them with the latest versions
  3. Followed the hack steps (with STM FW V1.3.0 instead of the software recommended V1.0.0)

The strange thing is the Motor Profiler did not run on the updated Hex file. Luckily, I've got the motor parameters and ignored this step.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @PPhan.1​ 

Many thanks to have open this new thread rather than continue a closed one.

I did not see it because I am focused on the #[STM32 Motor Control]​ tag.

Therefor, I add it to your message.

For answer(s), be patient because we are few to take care of this tag of the forum in addition of our day-to-day work, and we get 20 new questions in 15 days!

But at the end, we manage all of them (even if sometime we have to answer "sorry" when we cannot be useful to help on some questions).

Best regards

Laurent Ca...