cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7508-DK; MxCube; CN4, CN5, CN6 and CN7

MJean.3
Associate III

HI, I am a beginner with STM32 but an old programmer. Bytw, my father was born in Crolles ! English is not my natural language.

I bought a development kit. I downloaded Cube MX. I create a project for this DK. But in the pinout window I can see pins that belongs to the CPU not those being in the CN4, CN5, CN6 and CN7 connectors. How can I have them ?

TIA

Jean in Grenoble (France)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MJean.3​ ,

Welcome the the STM32 Community 😊

In STM32CubeMx, a Pinout view shows a graphic representation of the pinout for the selected package (e.g. BGA, QFP) where each pin is represented with its name (e.g. PC4, PB8,..) and its current alternate function assignment.

For more details on pins name and assignment of connectors (CN4, CN5, CN6 and CN7) , please refer to the UM2470.

Hope I answered your question.

If you are satisfied of my answer, please flag it as "best answer".

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MJean.3​ ,

Welcome the the STM32 Community 😊

In STM32CubeMx, a Pinout view shows a graphic representation of the pinout for the selected package (e.g. BGA, QFP) where each pin is represented with its name (e.g. PC4, PB8,..) and its current alternate function assignment.

For more details on pins name and assignment of connectors (CN4, CN5, CN6 and CN7) , please refer to the UM2470.

Hope I answered your question.

If you are satisfied of my answer, please flag it as "best answer".

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MJean.3
Associate III

Hi Imen,

I found what I needed ! Many thanks.

If there is a wish list : I would like that Cube Mx app be able to manage Arduino connectors !

I didn't find a flag with a 'best anwer' caption. So i click on the thumb. You should be proud : it is the first time i do it 😉

Jean in Grenoble (France)

Hi @MJean.3​ ,

Glad to know you have found what you need 🙂

You will find the "Select as Best" flag below in my previous answer.

0693W000005BleKQAS.jpg 

Imen

Thanks
Imen
MJean.3
Associate III

I wonder why it is so difficult to find simple information in the DK documentation !

I would like to know how can I find on which pin is connected the user button ! Where must I look for ?

I tried to find the declaration of 'gpio_pin_1' with no success (I found it in an example).

Jean

Hi @MJean.3​ ,

The specific assignments for each pin are detailed in the device datasheet: STM32F750x8 Datasheet , in the Table 10. STM32F750x8 pin and ball definition.

The user button (B_USER) is connected to the PI11.

0693W000005C5AAQA0.jpg>> I tried to find the declaration of 'gpio_pin_1' with no success (I found it in an example).

Do you mean PJ1 pin ?

0693W000005C5B3QAK.jpgImen

Thanks
Imen
MJean.3
Associate III

Hi Imen,

gpio_pin_1 is a keil problem. I ask them.

About the user push button : how can I know that its name is B_USER ?

I try to explain my problem with the reset button : in the UM2470 document, I can see on page 17 : "Reset button B2". If I search in the whole document for "B2" I can't find another occurence. But perhaps it is PB2 on page 32 : pin M5 PB2/BOOT1 ? If yes why is it not the same name ? Or if not why "B2" is not written near "J1 NRST Hardware reset" page 31 and/or on the CN6 connector page 23 ?

On the scheme page 10 under "Push_buttons", ST could have written "(user (B_user) and RESET (B2))" ...

And .... many thanks for your help !

Jean