Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBPD message sequence issue.

HGorl.1
Associate II

Hi STteam,

@brief :

We are working PD source solution(i.e. 60Watt (20V @ 3A max)) using STM32G081RBT6. We are taking USB-PD_Provider_1port as an Base reference project.

@Reference :

I have gone through each and every line of UM2552 reference manual I found really good information to setup the USBPD stack.vide

@Description :

After a lot of support from STM Team (previous link) we are at final stage of the product development of USBPD 60Watt. Only problem what we have is sink side PS_RDY message is not proper. I attached trace watch devices on both sink and source. I found PS_RDY is sending from source and PS_RDY message is not receiving at the receiver side.

please find the Trace of both sink and source device attached below.

I am wondering about what went wrong with the device even after all function calls are proper. please help me out to debug this issue.

Thanks & Regards

• Himavanth
1 REPLY 1
Yohann M.
ST Employee

Dear @HGorl.1​ ,

Sorry for the late answer but your thread was not tagged with USB-PD topic!

In the attached log (only source one), clearly after the negotiation to 15V, SRC sends PS_RDY to Sink device but this one does not answer, when leads to hard reset from Source side.

Few questions:

1) did you manage to get a PD contract at 5V only? you can modify your source PDO to present only 1 PDO at 5V.

2) did you try to upgrade your stack library with the new package I delivered on the other thread?

3) did you test with another sink device? Are you still using STM32G0-DISCO board?

Regards,

Yohann