cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardfault with DynamicGraph in a scrollable container

MS.9
Associate III

I'm getting a Hardfault with DynamicGraph in a scrollable container.

(graph and container 1024 pixels, with LCD screen 800)

Environment: STM32F469I-Disco, TGFX 4.15 and latest everything.

Everything is fine until I drag the container and then I get the hard fault - always.

below is the stack trace

If I make the screen with the graph the startup screen, the error does not occur until I exit to another screen and return to it. It also crashes if I make another screen startup, then enter this screen. - I dont think this is the cause, just a symptom.

However I can make the fault go away if I put a Box infront of the graph (z order), with its alpha 0 and a dummy click listener. With this, everything works fine and I can drag the graph etc - this will be my solution (yucky hack) if I cant get to the bottom of this.

I've given the GUI, FreeRTOS and stacks etc loads of extra memory and makes no difference. I've played with the MAXINS and other settings, but it wont go away unless I have the box. I guess the Box is absorbing the Drag events that cause the DynamicGraph widget the problems, and the box is doing the right thing with the drag event and their shared container.

If I need to supply more details then I can cut down my app to a bare minimim and send it.

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

Can you try same situation in simulator window?

MS.9
Associate III

Hi,

Yes it crashes in the simulator too!

I guess this is good, as it suggests its not caused by the hardware or my back end code.

Michael K
Senior III

Can confirm, I've run into this too - performing a drag or gesture results in a hard fault on target and in simulator. I solved it the same way as you, with an empty clicklistener container 🙂

VSimu.1
Associate III

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll take a look...