cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC/CE pre-compliance testings for ST25R3916 custom board

ERRAOUI Abdelhakim
Associate II

Hi,

I'm making a new prototype based on the design/layout of the NFC06A1 evboard with minimal differences as for example : I don't use the capacitive electrodes in my design for wake up feature (but I put test points to CSI and CSO pins).

And I want to get through CE/FCC certification, but before I have to do some pre-compliance testings for the device. Therefore I have some questions regarding the NFC part.

1- The NFC06A1 design (st's) is already NFC compliant and has FCC & CE certifications I guess. Do we need to redo any testings for this part of my final product ?

2- How can I access to (RF) test mode in the ST25R36 if I need it? I just saw in the datasheet test access but I cannot figure out how to do that?

3- What are the important points that we should verify in pre-testing process?

Please see the schematic capture below (any observations ?):

0693W000005BWVSQA4.png 

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello ERRAOUI,

removing the capacitive patches should not influence the EMI behavior.

Regarding your questions:

1.) Yes, even if you change components related to the matching network , antenna or clock generation on your already certified design, you have to re-certify. These rules are rather strict. The best is, if you search for accredited lab to support you here.

2.) What do you mean with RF test mode. I don't think that you want to look at the internal receiver signals.

3.) Important is that VDD is stable during continuous carrier and does not drop too much (~ -0.3V). You should also have a look at the regulator dropout (voltage difference between VDD And VDD_RF). If you want to be compliant to ISO, NFC-Forum or EMVCo you should do a pre-certification test before FCC.

Please let me know, if you have additional questions.

br Travis

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello ERRAOUI,

removing the capacitive patches should not influence the EMI behavior.

Regarding your questions:

1.) Yes, even if you change components related to the matching network , antenna or clock generation on your already certified design, you have to re-certify. These rules are rather strict. The best is, if you search for accredited lab to support you here.

2.) What do you mean with RF test mode. I don't think that you want to look at the internal receiver signals.

3.) Important is that VDD is stable during continuous carrier and does not drop too much (~ -0.3V). You should also have a look at the regulator dropout (voltage difference between VDD And VDD_RF). If you want to be compliant to ISO, NFC-Forum or EMVCo you should do a pre-certification test before FCC.

Please let me know, if you have additional questions.

br Travis