cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ioc file not included in STM32F429I-DISC1 discovery board when imported to CubeIDE

victagayun
Senior III

I have both STM32F769I-DISCO and STM32F429I-DISC1.

When I make a project from TouchGFX and import to CubeIDE, the ioc file is not included inSTM32F429I-DISC1 discovery board.

I have checked the .project file of STM32F769I-DISCO it is containing these lines, while it is missing in STM32F429I-DISC1.

<link>
	<name>STM32F769I_DISCO.ioc</name>
	<type>1</type>
	<locationURI>$%7BPARENT-1-PROJECT_LOC%7D/STM32F769I_DISCO.ioc</locationURI>
</link>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

You are right. Thank you for the feedback. We will try to fix this as soon as possible.

For now you can manually add the .ioc file to your project by dragging your .ioc file from your file explorer and dropping it in your project architecture in CubeIDE.

It seems from your post that you are trying to open the .ioc file in CubeIDE. If that is the case, I personally recommend NOT doing it. Using the standalone CubeMX software to configure your MCU and using CubeIDE to simply build and debug is a better and safer approach.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

You are right. Thank you for the feedback. We will try to fix this as soon as possible.

For now you can manually add the .ioc file to your project by dragging your .ioc file from your file explorer and dropping it in your project architecture in CubeIDE.

It seems from your post that you are trying to open the .ioc file in CubeIDE. If that is the case, I personally recommend NOT doing it. Using the standalone CubeMX software to configure your MCU and using CubeIDE to simply build and debug is a better and safer approach.

/Alexandre

What is the reason why I need to use separate CubeMX aside from CubeIDE?

• It can be unstable but some people don't encounter any issue
  • The interface is not very user friendly because you have too many things on the screen therefore you need a very big screen to be able to display everything at once.
  • As it's a huge engine, the interface is quite slow and unresponsive
  • When we create Application Templates we use CubeMX and CubeIDE separately

It's up to you in the end. I know people who works fine with it and I know others who had trouble with it. Personally I recommend not to but you can try both and see what fits you best 😉

/Alexandre