cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in STM32CubeIDE firmware update offline.

AK47
Associate II

Hi,

I have a problem with STM32CubeIDE firmware update. STM32CubeIDE wants me to download stm32cube firmware f7_v1.16.0. I downloaded manually this update file offline because of the system have no internet connection. I moved the whole STM32CubeFW-F7-vxxx directory in repository folder. I tried to use following directions in this solution information.

"https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000004k3VCSAY/solution-error-in-stm32cubemx-or-cubemx-inside-stm32cubeide-for-add-new-firmwareoffline-or-online"

But it didn't work. I also tried a lot of suggestions like changing folder names etc. I am sending screen shot pictures on attach.

Is there a solid solution?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AK47
Associate II

Hi

I copied CubeF7 v1.16.0 package (only zip) in STM32Cube/Repository as named STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0. I tried a few times and it solved.

Thank you for your helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AK47​ ,

Please share your log file, this will help our team to analyse this issue.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
LaurentL
ST Employee

Hi AK47,

Did you also copy the zip file of this F7 fw in cube fw folder repository ?

You might also try to solve the issue with the FW package manager in the STM32CubeIde menu Help => Manage Embedded Software Package

You can install Cube fw package from local folder (button on the left bottom of window).

Rgds,

Laurent

AK47
Associate II

Hi

I copied CubeF7 v1.16.0 package (only zip) in STM32Cube/Repository as named STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0. I tried a few times and it solved.

Thank you for your helps.

I also have this problem, using Manage Embedded Software Package fails to recognise the package every time. Please can you identify the correct steps needed after downloading the MCU package zip from ST, i.e. what precisely to rename to? Whether to unzip? Where to place this? This is still unclear.

So it transpires that the patch I was attempting to install was more recent than those listed in the STM32Cube MCU Packages list, hence not being recognised. Installing an older package worked just fine. Hope this helps someone.

Yes, every CubeMX or CubeIDE version refuses to see updates newer than it knows. If one wants a newer library update,  they need to update CubeMX or CubeIDE first.