cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cube_fw_f3_v1111.zip ''timeout during download'' - IDE unable to download package at 1st use

FMike.1
Associate II

0693W000005BDmjQAG.png0693W000005BFi5QAG.pngHi guys,

I have just installed the "STM32cude IDE'' and have a "nucleo F303 RE''.

I'm tryping to create a stm32 project "file -> new -> STM32''. But when initializing everything for the first time, the IDE start dowloading packages and ''stm32cube_fw_f3_v1111.zip'' is one of them. But it always to do so. I have tried many times but no success. I have made researches on the internet, but not much answers either. Some people say to download it manually but I can't find this package.

As you can see on the image, the workspace as been created in ''Guest/STM32CubeIDE/workspace/'' which I think is good.

What do you think is the problem? And what can I do to start creating my 1st project.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It's generally bad form to post a duplicate question, especially after only 8 hours.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Ny4XWSAZ/ide-cant-download-stm32cubefwf3v1111zip-error-dowloading

Could be an issue with your firewall/proxy blocking access. Could be STs site is down. You could try downloaded standalone STM32CubeMX and trying it there.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

It's generally bad form to post a duplicate question, especially after only 8 hours.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Ny4XWSAZ/ide-cant-download-stm32cubefwf3v1111zip-error-dowloading

Could be an issue with your firewall/proxy blocking access. Could be STs site is down. You could try downloaded standalone STM32CubeMX and trying it there.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @FMike.1​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊.

I have successfully download and install this package from ST web and STM32CubeMX !

Maybe it was just a browser-cache issue, or slow server response. So, I suggest to clean your cache and try again.

However, to find a way out of that situation, I send you the needed package via drive: STM32CubeF3 V1.11.1

Please select the post as a "Best Answer" if it solved your problem.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
FMike.1
Associate II

Hi TDK, Hi Himen,

Thank you for your answers guys. i had a bad manipulation with the 1st post but couldn't find how to delete. But I take note. thanks.

I'll try your suggestions and come back to you to let you know how it went.

Thanks in advance guys.

FMike.1
Associate II

Hi Guys,

thanks for your help both of you.

The problem was the firewall proxy.

I couldn't download your file Imen just to tell you how it was.

But it's fixed now.

Thanks