cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over current error evspin32f0

Fkadr.1
Associate II

Hi

I have designed a board based on evspin32f0602 single shunt foc.

When I am using the same value of ​shunt resistor as the event spin board the motor runs normally

But I want to increase the load capacity to 16 amps

So what all changes i need to do beside shunt resistor. I have used .025 ohm as shunt resistor .

But now every time I turn on the motor it shows over load.

Is there any other resistor i have to change.​

Thanks.​

5 REPLIES 5
PBo
Associate III

Hello Fkadr.1,

The original EVSPIN32F0602S1 board is limited to 8.5 Apeak.

In its User's Manual (UM2629), it provides you with chapter 6.3 on How To modify HW about the Overcurrent detection and Current sensing measurement. In particular, it informs about the few resistors to change according to the given formula.

Then, you have to make sure that your FW configuration is matching this new HW configuration. The MC Workbench software tools will help you to do that (Cf. the Current Sensing and the  Overcurrent Protection blocks).

Best Regards.

Karan 123
Senior

Hi,

@Fkadr.1 , @PBo (ST Employee)

I have ordered EVSPIN32F0601S3 eval board but not received yet

Do I need only Enter Motor Parameters as in mcsdk 5.4.6 to spin the Motor (As parameters attached) ?

--

Karan

I have solved all my queries and​ made my own board with higher amp rating.

thanks for your response

This is all you will need to operate the motor.But once you start playing with the software you will be accurately operate motor.

Many of Thanks for update...

@Fkadr.1 (Community Member)

1) Means these 10 parameters (as attached) is sufficient to spin the motor ? Rest should be default in mcsdk 5.4.6 ?

2) How to choose PWM Frequency and Execution Rate ? According to Motor Parameter ?

0693W00000ANmi7QAD.png 

Any other suggestions ...

--

Karan