cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi ST Micro, Please share the thermal data of LIS2DE12TR . 1.Operating Temp 2.Storage Temp 3.Case Temp 4.Junction Temp 5.Junct-amb thermal resistance(RθJA) 6.Junct-case (top&bot) thermal resistance (RθJ 7.Junct-brd thermal resistance(RθJB) Thanks

EGeor.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @EGeor.1​ ,

Well, some of these parameters are not declared in the datasheet, so I can only give an idea of typical values. For the 1.Operating temperature and 2.Storage temperature, you can refer to the datasheet, p. 14, "Absolute maximum ratings" table, last lines.

0693W000005BA5wQAG.png 

About the topics regarding the junction (point 4. to 7.), the LIS2DE12TR max supply is 3.6V and max current (normal mode, max ODR) is about 200uA, so the power consumed in the worst case is P=V*I=0.72mW. If you consider that the package thermal resistance is 80°C/W, the thermal difference between the device and the environment is DeltaT < 0.1°C.

Moreover, no worry about the junction temperature with respect to storage temperature.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @EGeor.1​ ,

Well, some of these parameters are not declared in the datasheet, so I can only give an idea of typical values. For the 1.Operating temperature and 2.Storage temperature, you can refer to the datasheet, p. 14, "Absolute maximum ratings" table, last lines.

0693W000005BA5wQAG.png 

About the topics regarding the junction (point 4. to 7.), the LIS2DE12TR max supply is 3.6V and max current (normal mode, max ODR) is about 200uA, so the power consumed in the worst case is P=V*I=0.72mW. If you consider that the package thermal resistance is 80°C/W, the thermal difference between the device and the environment is DeltaT < 0.1°C.

Moreover, no worry about the junction temperature with respect to storage temperature.

-Eleon

Hello Eleon,
Thanks for the quick response.
It would be great if you can share the correct data if it is available.

Hi @EGeor.1​ ,

Which is the target application for which these data are mandatory? You can as starting point consider the overall thermal junction resistance as the previously declared 80°C/W.

-Eleon

Hello ELeon,
Thanks.
What's the minimum and maximum supported Case and Junction temperature for the device?

Hi @EGeor.1​ ,

The minimum and maximum Case temperature are the Storage temperature limits previously reported: the low temperature is -40°C, while the high temperature is 125°C.

On top of the Case temperature limitations, the junction temperature can vary from deltaT almost equal to zero (°C), in case the device is in power down mode and Vdd = 1.8V, to the previously calculated 0.1°C, when device is in normal mode and Vdd = 3.6V, considering the 80°C/W typical package thermal resistance.

Please note that the thermal behavior of the device can be influenced by the environment, if for example it is soldered near the application processor or other heat-generating components.

-Eleon