cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When compiling TouchGFX, I get an "Assertion Failed!" error. /Middlewares/ST/Touchgfx/framewaork/include/mvp/MVPApplication.hpp line 167. How do I debug this? It doesn't compile so I can't use use the IDE.

LDoyl
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LDoyl
Associate III

The problem was not in compiling in TouchGFX. That worked. The problem I had was STMCubeIDE must have had something corrupted. I removed CUBEIDE 1.4.0 completely and installed CubeIDE 1.5.0 in a new workspace. I can now use the IDE to debug TouchGFX and the rest of my program.

I consider this closed.😂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Could you provide the steps you did to arrive to this error ?

In the future, it is good practice to be explicit and provide a detailed description of your issue (steps, board used, software versions, etc.) to ensure fast and useful answers 😉

/Alexandre

Alexandre, This has been a very frustrating experience for me. I have a reasonable understanding on the use of TouchGFX and how to use the IDE. The problem that I have been fighting for the last week is to get the TouchGFX integrated into the CUBEIDE. After I sent in the question, I started over from scratch with the latest versions of: STM32CUBE IDE 1.4.0.0 TouchFGX 4.15.0 The board that I am using is the STM32F469i-Disco board. I have selected this board when initializing the project. One of the issues that I have had is to get TouchGFX to show up in the IDE without manually editing a file. I have selected TouchGFX from the software pack and it shows up as an option in configuration. I have found that if I edit the .ioc file it will show up. In order to get the QSPIFLASH and the SDRAM on the discovery board to work properly I have had to manually edit the .ld files. The problem I am currently having is being able to compile to use the SD Card from ../Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src/ff_gen_drv.c:19: ../Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy/stm32_hal_legacy.h:3493:38: error: unknown type name 'HAL_SD_CardCIDTypeDef'; did you mean 'HAL_StatusTypeDef'? #define HAL_SD_CardCIDTypeDef HAL_SD_CardCIDTypeDef I am looking at the UM1725 “Description of STM32F4 AHL and low-layer drivers�? to see why the error report. The tools that ST provides, when they work as expected, are wonderful. ToughFGX is allowing me to build a very nice GUI for a test fixture that will be used internationally. I have followed the installation instructions and reviewed as much as possible the forums as should be apparent from the fact that I knew to edit the files. The issues that I am having seem to be due to that failure of the correct and complete files being built as part of the project. I assume there is something that I am not doing correctly in installing the software or starting the project but I am at a loss as to what that is. Lance Doyle Electronics Design, Manf. Engineer Bruker Handheld LLC Bruker Nano, Inc. HMP Business Unit 415 N. Roosevelt Street Kennewick, WA 99336 USA Phone: +1-509-783-9850x6275 Fax: +1-509-735-9696 lance.doyle@bruker.com www.bruker.com/hmp<>
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

If I understand correctly your issue is a compiling error right ?

You also confirm that you started with the F469-DISCO Application Template available in TouchGFX Designer ?

In any case, I recommend you to recreate a project from TouchGFX Designer using the F469-DISCO Application Template.

Then, import your UI into your project. To do so, simply go to Edit->Import GUI and select the .touchgfx file of your UI project.

Generate code.

Now open CubeMX (NOT CubeIDE) and configure your settings nice and easy. Generate code. Regenerate code from TouchGFX Designer. Add your custom code using any editor (personally I'm very fond of Visual Studio Code) or even CubeIDE.

Then if not already done, open CubeIDE and double click on your .project file. This will automatically import the project into CubeIDE. Build and see the results 😉

PS: I highly recommend you to avoid using CubeMX inside CubeIDE in the future. It's not as reliable as the standalone CubeMX.

/Alexandre

Alexandre, Thank you for this assistance you are giving me. I have uninstalled the version of STMCUBEMX, downloaded the latest version (6.1.0) and installed it as Administrator. I recreated a project using the STM32F46i-disco template, accepted the default settings and entered the unique pin configurations for my project. No matter what I do, the “Import Project�? menu item is grayed out. I have the latest version of TouchGFX loaded in the software packs and have uninstalled the older versions (4.13 and 4.14). I am making progress on my GUI application but at a loss as to why TouchGFX is not cooperating. I am running current Windows10 with 32GB of RAM with an i7 so the computer is not the issue. Is there possibly a registry setting that got messed up? Lance Doyle Electronics Design, Manf. Engineer Bruker Handheld LLC Bruker Nano, Inc. HMP Business Unit 415 N. Roosevelt Street Kennewick, WA 99336 USA Phone: +1-509-783-9850x6275 Fax: +1-509-735-9696 lance.doyle@bruker.com www.bruker.com/hmp<>

When you are talking about "Import project", what are you referring to ? I mean in TouchGFX you only have "Import UI". Are you talking about standalone CubeMX ? Maybe a picture could help understand better 🙂

/Alexandre

victagayun
Senior III

Hello,

I try to import from TouchGFX, seems to have no problem when compiling.

0693W000005CE7KQAW.png 

0693W000005CE7PQAW.png 

0693W000005CE7UQAW.png 

0693W000005CE7ZQAW.png

0693W000005CE7tQAG.png 

LDoyl
Associate III

The problem was not in compiling in TouchGFX. That worked. The problem I had was STMCubeIDE must have had something corrupted. I removed CUBEIDE 1.4.0 completely and installed CubeIDE 1.5.0 in a new workspace. I can now use the IDE to debug TouchGFX and the rest of my program.

I consider this closed.😂

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello LDoyl,

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre