cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i shoud double buffering in touchgfx

Hpott.1
Associate

hi evryone

iam developing ui on stm32f429 microcontroller and i wanna use touchgfx for my software.i use 32MB external sdram and start address 0xc0000000 because my ui is complex.when i use single buffer strategy evrything is ok but for some widget like complex custom container tearing is appear on screen. for solve this problem i wanna use double buffer strategy. double buffer strategy eleminate the tearin but a few second after first touch some small dots appear on screen and as its passing number of dots growing. i dont know that what is the problem. my sdram configuration is problem or my touch driver or my sdram is broken. i attach a pic of what happend to my screen. please help me guys. i realy dont know what to do.

1 REPLY 1
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

First, if you can, try your UI on the F429-DISCO board to see if you have still artifacts on the screen. This will tell if the problem comes from your board configuration or not.

I believe, your board is completely customized with a custom display and a custom RAM. So yes these two elements are often a source of problems. So at least checking your SRAM is a good idea as well. Do you also happen to have external Flash ? If yes, check it as well.

It would be good to provide a video also for better understanding.

/Alexandre