cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wake-up STM32F070CBT regularly by timer

AKäfe.1
Associate II

Hello guys,

I'm using a STM32F070CBT MCU and I need to put it in Stop Mode and wake him up second by second. Looking at the datasheet, I noticed I couldn't use I2C as a wake-up source, and the easiest way to do it would be using GPIO.

We've tried to use IWDG as a wake-up source, and it works, but we need to mantain all states and variables, could we use it as a wake-up source but not resetting it?

We thought about using a timer, is it possible to use it, stopping it by one second and then waking it up, and do this in a loop, for better power consumption?

Thanks in advance

Arthur Käfer

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You could consider to use the RTC, which can be clocked by either HSE, LSE or LSI.

Just activate clock source for the RTC, enable the Internal WakeUp, set the WakeUp Counter and don't forget to enable the RTC global interrupt.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AKäfe.1
Associate II

I will change the schematic of the board and try to use RTC, thanks for the reply