cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-IHM03A1 With NUCLEO-L4R5ZI

JMart.11
Associate

Hey all,

So I may have quite a beginner question but how would one use the IHM03A1 with the L4R5ZI? Are there libraries which I can use for calls? There seem to be no example projects for my current board (albeit there are for a few others under the IHM03A1 Tools and Software tab online). I was going use STM32CubeIDE to work on a project based around the combo but I'm having a hard time configuring the two boards to work together. I've been able to use mbed to run a "Hello World" IHM03A1 project with my target device being the L4R5ZI- everything seemed to work, but what good does that do when there's no way to convert the project to something that'll run in STM32CubeIDE... So I guess at the moment I'm quite lost, any guidance would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ welcome to the ST Community.

The X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 expansion board was released together to the X-CUBE-SPN3: an expansion software package for STM32Cube.

This firmware library is compatible with the NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-F030R8, NUCLEO-F334R8 and NUCLEO-L053R8 boards.

If you want to use the NUCLEO-L4R5ZI with the available firmware example you can check if you have the proper signals mapping on the Arduino connectors compared to what it is necessary for X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 driving. Then you have to configure the proper peripherals via firmware.

Another option, definitely the fastest, is to buy one of the compatible NUCLEO boards.

Let me know if you are able to modify your project in a profitable way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ welcome to the ST Community.

The X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 expansion board was released together to the X-CUBE-SPN3: an expansion software package for STM32Cube.

This firmware library is compatible with the NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-F030R8, NUCLEO-F334R8 and NUCLEO-L053R8 boards.

If you want to use the NUCLEO-L4R5ZI with the available firmware example you can check if you have the proper signals mapping on the Arduino connectors compared to what it is necessary for X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 driving. Then you have to configure the proper peripherals via firmware.

Another option, definitely the fastest, is to buy one of the compatible NUCLEO boards.

Let me know if you are able to modify your project in a profitable way.

JMart.11
Associate

I figured it out on the L4R5ZI, perhaps I should make a tutorial to help other beginners of STM products out. Putting my degrees to work lol, thanks for the response though!

Hello @Community member​ ,

of course 😉

If you want to share your procedure you could help other users in the community to address similar questions.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

It would be a pleasure to help you to build such tutorial.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...