cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger won't start but claims that I don't have ST-LINK installed.

MaslogMike
Associate II

However, I can search the serial number of my Nucleo board's ST-LINK. But when I start debugging, it fails to start. The IDE version is 1.4.2 from clean install and from upgrade from 1.3.x. If I start the GDB server as explained in some other discussion in the forum and use remote debugger, the debugging works. This has been a problem in all 1.4.x versions.

Is there any other solution to this problem than starting the debugger server by hand?

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Try rebooting. Try connecting with STM32CubeProgrammer.

If those don't work, add relevant details to your post that would help troubleshoot the issue--Board part number, operating system, actual error messages, screenshots.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LaurentL
ST Employee

To be able to debug with 1.4.x versions, you must install STLink Server (either installing 1.4.0 STM32CubeIde or using STLink Server installer) or using previous STM32CubeIde installer and selecting STLinkServer install checkbox.

Rgds,

Laurent

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

When your question is answered, please close this topic by marking "Select as Best".

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
LaurentL
ST Employee

Hi MaslogMike,

Can you try the new STM32CubeIde version 1.5.0 to see if it solves your issue ?

Use the STM32CubeIde 1.5.0 installer, not the update.

Rgds,

Laurent