cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Workbench - Communication closed, the board doesn't respond correctly

VMuni.1
Associate

I am using EVSPIN32F0602S1. After successfully loading the code onto the board, I was able to connect to the workbench software. But after giving command communication closes.

Have set communication baudrate to 9600 both on workbench monitor and in CubeMX.

After successfully connecting the motor to the workbench monitor, I give "Motor Start" command.

Log gives an error "Communication is closed, the board doesn't response correctly"

Is this in anyway related to board's power supply. I'm just at the border (54V) of min. voltage limit (50V)

Can some please help me out?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @VMuni.1​ welcome to the ST Community.

When you supply the board through AC Mains connector (J4), does the LD4 LED (green) turns on?

If yes the issue is not related to the power supply.

When you send the "Motor Start" command, could you verify if the motor try to start and then the error is reported?

Or there is no attempt to move?

Please share as much details as possible to help you solve the issue.

Hello @VMuni.1​ any update about your issue?

KSzul.1
Associate III

If you don't mind I will connect to this thread as I do have a similar issue.

Code generated with Drive Type LL Low Level, because when I tried HAL type I was getting an error on CubeIDE that the code is too big.

Checking CubeMX I have found a number of "Partially disabled conflicts" including USART1 where the conflict is with:

• TIM1 : Channel1 PWM Generation CH1 CH1N and/or
  • ADC : IN4

I'm the beginner, did a few things with Nucleo F446RE and IPM15B having no that issues..

Please advise on that. Thank you.

Hi @KSzul.1​ I suggest you to open a new thread with your application details.

Hi Cristina, thank you for your answer.

I guess I have solved dropping connection issues, the problem was with USB cable. I have shared the Idea here:

https://community.st.com/s/idea/0873W000000fy30QAA/detail

However, I did not managed EVSPIN32F0602S1 board to work with MCSDK, the thread is here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001lU2uvSAC/evspin32f0602s1-did-anybody-make-it-work-with-st-mc-workbench

Thank you