cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSI Video mode with Double buffering

mibra.1
Associate II

Hi, i'm using custom board based on the STM32F769I_dsico board (using the same LCD drv, DSI comm). Now i wanted to use DSI video mode but i had some issues with starting the DSI video mode to work. after succeeding to start the video mode with touchgfx. i found tearing issues, so now i'm trying to use double buffering

I generated code sample for DSI video mode with double buffer, but sitll i have the tearing issue. after debugginf i found only the second buffer is updated not the 1st buffer.

So how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Usually, you don't use double buffering with DSI because you already have GRAM (a second buffer) on the display. If you're having tearing issues it could be because you're trying to transfer too much at the same time - Check out the Appliaction template from designer on how we transfer chunks of the framebuffer (its huge), using adapted command mode.

You can use the generated LTDC driver for DSI video mode (confirmed by others in here). as long as you configure DSI for video mode yourself.

/Martin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Usually, you don't use double buffering with DSI because you already have GRAM (a second buffer) on the display. If you're having tearing issues it could be because you're trying to transfer too much at the same time - Check out the Appliaction template from designer on how we transfer chunks of the framebuffer (its huge), using adapted command mode.

You can use the generated LTDC driver for DSI video mode (confirmed by others in here). as long as you configure DSI for video mode yourself.

/Martin