cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is good 144/176 pin STM32H7 cpu for ethernet and HAL?

LMI2
Lead

I plan to add Ethernet support to my board. A 100 pin STM32H750 is currently almost full and I don't/cant change it. I need a larger package. What is a good CPU which have Ethernet and also room for other peripherals, like SPI/I2C/UART. Is there difference in documtation and HAL support between various H7 cpus. STM32H730ZBT6 doesn't cost much at Digikey.

Does HAL ethernet work?

By the way ST, I could use a couple STM32H730ZBT6 as a sample.

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

HAL support is basically the same for all H7 chips, except for hardware limitations, such as some chips not having enough pins to support various interfaces. You'll want to ensure the hardware has enough pins by doing a layout in STM32CubeMX or similar tool to ensure all your peripherals can be hooked up. All chips have support for SPI/I2C/UART.

> Does HAL ethernet work?

The hardware works, the HAL software support (specifically LwIP integration) is not awesome.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LMI2
Lead

OK.

"The hardware works, the HAL software support (specifically LwIP integration) is not awesome." Nothing has changed in a year then.

LMI2
Lead

Do CubeMX ethernet examples work?