cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice to redesign and reprogram a STEVAL-STWINKT1 board

Shaun.t
Associate III

I wish to make changes to a STEVAL-STWINKT1 which I bought, in other words I have to redesign to suit my application. The example projects works fine. I want to know from experts, is there a tool which will help me to write program or copy the example. Or any video which explains the step by step procedure?

Thank you in advance, your advice will help me as this task looks very complicated. If I have to write drivers from the scratch, hope not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Shaun.t​ ,

Do you also have to redesign the hardware of the board? If so, please take into account any change you'll apply in the general schematic and in particular in the pinout of the STM32L4 onboard MCU.

Depending on you target application (and on the data acquisition, for example USB or BLE streaming, WiFi, etc), you may start:

• from the default application firmware, the FP-IND-PREDMNT1: you can find the source .cproject for the bluetooth communication in \Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN\Demonstrations\Predictive_Maintenance_BLE\STM32CubeIDE\STWIN_PREDMNT1;
  • from scratch by configuring the STWINKT1 board with the STM32CubeMX: here you can find the STEVAL-STWINKT1 board in the "Board selector", for the direct configuration based on the hardware constrains of the tool itself.

0693W0000059hM8QAI.png-Eleon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Shaun.t​ ,

Do you also have to redesign the hardware of the board? If so, please take into account any change you'll apply in the general schematic and in particular in the pinout of the STM32L4 onboard MCU.

Depending on you target application (and on the data acquisition, for example USB or BLE streaming, WiFi, etc), you may start:

• from the default application firmware, the FP-IND-PREDMNT1: you can find the source .cproject for the bluetooth communication in \Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN\Demonstrations\Predictive_Maintenance_BLE\STM32CubeIDE\STWIN_PREDMNT1;
  • from scratch by configuring the STWINKT1 board with the STM32CubeMX: here you can find the STEVAL-STWINKT1 board in the "Board selector", for the direct configuration based on the hardware constrains of the tool itself.

0693W0000059hM8QAI.png-Eleon

Shaun.t
Associate III

Thanks Eleon for the useful guidance. I shall setup the system and try it out. If I have any questions I will get back to you.

Shaun

Shaun.t
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

I have downloaded and had a good look at it. Thank you for the lead.

As I said, I need to modify the circuit and make some changes in the program so that I can chose the type of communication, data format and update frequency by API's.

I would appreciate if I can get access to Driver ref & user manuals for - Drivers, Middlewares, third party, FreeRTOS, jsmn, MbedTLS and parson (used in the project).

I was able to download the HAL driver Ref and User manuals, but unable to find the Ref and User manuals for the rest.

regards

Shaun

Hi @Shaun.t​ ,

If you for example consider the FP-IND-PREDMNT1, all the project sections are documented (file Release_Notes.html in every sub-folders). The detailed manual for the HAL, which is the most complex layer, are online, as you may already have found. Also the comments in the header of each specific file can be helpful.

Please note however that there could be some libraries not open source, especially the ones related to algorithms... In these cases, since they may be subjected to License User Agreement, you should contact a ST sales office and representative from your geographical region.

-Eleon

Shaun.t
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

I have noted the above. I was looking for the .ioc file which is missing from the project. Could you please let me where I can find the .ioc file for the example projects?

This will help me to learn how it has been configured and then i can make the changes as desired.

Regards

Shaun

Hi @Shaun.t​ ,

the .ioc file is just the hardware default configuration of the STEVAL-STWINK1 pins, while the specific configurations of the applications/examples are set in the firmware.

The attached .ioc file is the one I generated selecting this board in the STM32CubeMX tool as described above.

-Eleon

Shaun.t
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

Would I be able to see the configuration for both the example projects? If so how do I do it.

Regards

Shaun

Hi @Shaun.t​ ,

I'm afraid that the exact files you are requiring are not publicly available, and might be subject to signature of a LUA. In these cases, I suggest you to please contact a STMicroelectronics sales office and representative from you regional area (at this link).

-Eleon

Shaun.t
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for the response, I shall contact the sales team. Meanwhile I checked Algo builder, this one seems to be more easier. But it does not have the Wifi function, I guess it needs to connect somehow to display buffers. I am interested in use of Algo builder to get WiFi connectivity. Any help / guidance will be very helpful.

Regards

Shaun