cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest me an accelerometer sensor for speed calculation of moving vehicle.Dynamic values of an accelerometer.

NMale.1
Associate III

I want to use an accelerometer to calculate the speed of a moving vehicle. For this i need a accelerometer which should give _ve values(2's complement) in Deceleration and +ve values in (2's complement) in acceleration. It should have 2g range with 12bit(or more) resolution. with less noise affected. It should have less Zero offset error.

If there is any sensor Please Suggest me one.

Thank you in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NMale.1​ ,

connecting this post to this thread.

One of the accelerometers with low noise available in ST portfolio is the LIS2DW12, that can operate in high performance mode, 14-bit, with about 100 ug/sqrt(Hz) noise.

I suggest you to compensate an eventual residual initial offset acting on X_OFS_USR (3Ch) to Z_OFS_USR (3Eh) registers.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NMale.1​ ,

connecting this post to this thread.

One of the accelerometers with low noise available in ST portfolio is the LIS2DW12, that can operate in high performance mode, 14-bit, with about 100 ug/sqrt(Hz) noise.

I suggest you to compensate an eventual residual initial offset acting on X_OFS_USR (3Ch) to Z_OFS_USR (3Eh) registers.

-Eleon