cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H750 PartialFrameBuffer

lxw
Senior

I use H750VBT6 FMC driver 800 * 480 LCD, due to internal SRAM is less than 800 * 480 * 2, so use PartialFrameBufferManager method.Because there is no TE pin in my LCD module.So I selected disabled when Cubemx generated the Partial Framebuffer VSync option for the project.Check the G071demo and find that the demo USES TE PIN of the LCD module, the edge is triggered and touchgfxSignalVSync() is called periodically.In this case, whether can continue to use PartialFrameBufferManager.If so, how do I call touchgfxSignalVSync() at the software level?

Second question, under the condition of my present hardware, user-defined touchgfxDisplayDriverShouldTransferBlock () function, DMA or DMA2D speed delivery data should I use?

If anyone has similar demo or *. Ioc, please provide it, thank you.These two issues, I think, are the biggest problems with TOUCHGFX on the H750, which currently has no external SDRAM.

😂 😂

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can always create a hardware timer to emulate this signal and see if that works if you really cannot get a signal from the actual display.

DMA2D cannot be used to transfer data to your display.

/Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can always create a hardware timer to emulate this signal and see if that works if you really cannot get a signal from the actual display.

DMA2D cannot be used to transfer data to your display.

/Martin

lxw
Senior

Thank you for your advice.Two more questions,

1: Should the graphics accelerator in CUBEMX select DMA2D?

2: In a completed project generated without Cubemx, how do I add TOUCHGFX?Can you just copy the *.TouchgFX file to generate the content related to the interface, and whether the rest is manually ported by the user?😂

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

1) Yes, this will speed up rendering.

2) You have to get some inspiration from the generated projects and it should be clear. It's not a practice we want to spend a lot of time explaining 🙂 Basically in a generated project:

main.c has calls to MX_ init functions including MX_TouchGFX_Init(); (which calls functions to set up touchgfx inside TouchGFXConfiguration).

Thank you very much for your reply. I will continue to learn to use TouchGFX.💪

Write back to me if you have further questions after some investigation. I hope it will be clear ! The entry point in the generated projects is the MX_TouchGFX_Initialize(); (setup) and MX_TouchGFX_Process(); (the main event loop) functions

Excuse me, I am using STM32H747I-DISCO and I don't know whether your sentence applies to my board also or not ? How can I know whether DMA2D can be used to transfer data to my display or not ??? If not, Why ?