cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to produce an unmodulated continuous wave to power a custom tag by energy harvesting?

AAudi.2
Associate

I'm working with a custom tag that needs to be powered by the radio wave field between a select command and a read one.

Is there any way to accomplish this using the API or it must be done on register level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello AAudi.2,

You have said in between the SELECT command and the READ command. So the commands in between (ACK, ReqRN) need to maintain the RF power constantly as well, or are these commands not needed for the custom tag you are working with?

In any case, currently the API does not support an uninterrupted RF power assertion throughout the tag / reader communication.

If it just for test purposes I suggest you activate a second reader which is constantly providing an RF power for the tag to be powered and the first reader is handling the communication.

Switching the RF power ON permanently can be done using the EVAL board and the Reader SW through the Reader Settings - Diagnostic tab.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello AAudi.2,

You have said in between the SELECT command and the READ command. So the commands in between (ACK, ReqRN) need to maintain the RF power constantly as well, or are these commands not needed for the custom tag you are working with?

In any case, currently the API does not support an uninterrupted RF power assertion throughout the tag / reader communication.

If it just for test purposes I suggest you activate a second reader which is constantly providing an RF power for the tag to be powered and the first reader is handling the communication.

Switching the RF power ON permanently can be done using the EVAL board and the Reader SW through the Reader Settings - Diagnostic tab.

Cheers,

B