cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash download error: Failed to open .sim file| IAR Workbench

RLalj.1
Associate II

Hello Everyone,

I'm using STM32H7 family microcontroller and when try to debug the code from IAR Workbench there is a error popup on my screen like " Flash download error: Failed to open file 'Project Folder\EWARM\Project\Exe\ProjectName.sim' ". After several try (almost 5-7 or sometime more than 10) it works, debug code working fine. So I think it couldn't get this sim file properly.

0693W000005918xQAA.jpg 

Simple Code (.sim) file is generated by debugger at the time of debug.

This process becomes time consuming for me every time I debug the code. I tried google search but there is no article or discussion about this type of problem.it may be bug or configuration issue in IAR workbench.

Has anyone been got these type of error before ? Please share your suggestions and solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Note : IAR Workbench V8.40.1, ST-Link V2

Incl: Attached error message ss from IAR workbench.

3 REPLIES 3
MMostafa
Associate II

I suddenly have the same issue exactly, but it never works now even after 10 trails. If you found a solution, please share it.

ssooki
Associate III

I suffered from the same symptoms for a while.

After deleting the sim file and rebuilding, no error message appeared and it worked normally.

Yeah, that's the only solution to this problem. Try a different version of IAR that might resolve the problem.