cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update TouchGFX application through USB host?

Shree
Associate II

Hi,

If we have multiple versions of HMI software developed using TouchGFX framework then how can I upgrade it from version 1 to version2 using USB drive?

What steps are involved in this implementation?

BR,

Shree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You need a custom boot-loader that does something with the binaries you have on a USB drive. It's not something we have examples of, but updating TouchGFX firmware should be no different than updating other firmware so you can probably find some examples on the general STM32 community.

Some ideas: Your boot-loader should check to see if there is a usb drive attached, otherwise jump to current application. Remember that your boot-loader should know how to program the internal and external flash, and maybe have a binary for each.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You need a custom boot-loader that does something with the binaries you have on a USB drive. It's not something we have examples of, but updating TouchGFX firmware should be no different than updating other firmware so you can probably find some examples on the general STM32 community.

Some ideas: Your boot-loader should check to see if there is a usb drive attached, otherwise jump to current application. Remember that your boot-loader should know how to program the internal and external flash, and maybe have a binary for each.

firmwareguru
Associate II

Hi Shree,

My company makes a bootloader and firmware update system called FM-SBSFU (based on ST's SBSFU) that updates STM32 systems including those with TouchGFX via USB flash drive (among other methods). There is a demo for the STM32769I-DISCO you can try at https://www.hackster.io/firmwareguru/firmware-update-system-for-stm32f7-touchgfx-7d72cb

You can check out the product website if you're interested: https://www.firmwaremodules.com/

No, it is not free. This was months of development and has been deployed to the field and works well with the F7 series. It also includes capability to delta-patch firmware which you won't find anywhere else.

Cheers