cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F302R8 + X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 + BR2804 motor doesn't start with ST program example

coco.meno
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to control a brushless motor with a NUCLEO-F302R8 + X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1. I've follow the video given by STM on youtube "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ZuM2Z0UGs". I've follow each steps and my motor won't start with my program. But the motor is starting with the motor profiler.

I think the problem is not in the code but in the ST Motor Control Workbench. I didn't change this settings but the problem is maybe here.

Does anyone have the same problem and can help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MKroe.1
Associate

Hello again,

now I have solve this problem bei use compiler optimation in STM32CubeIDE:

0693W000005ATSYQA4.jpgNow everithing works fine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Corentin Méneau​ o

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- (HW and SW, CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)?

And more especially did you use MC tools (such as MC_suite, MC-Motor Profile, MC-SDK, MC-workbench, and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Thanks for your reply. I have the same config of the picture below, it's the P-NUCLEO-IHM001 kit. I'm using "Motor Profiler 5.4.4", "MotorControl Workbench 5.4.4", "STM32CubeMX", "STM32CubeIde 1.4.0".

0693W00000594KSQAY.png 

Best regards,

Coco

MKroe.1
Associate

Hello,

I have the same problems. I have download the newest versions of STM32CubeMX CubeIde and Motorworkbench.

In Motor control workbench "FOC duration" and "Software error" was shown after "Start Motor"

When I reduced the PWM frequency to 20000Hz the error "Over current" was shown. So the Bull-Running motor need 30kHz.

After reducing the execution rate of the controlling to 3 PWM cycles the errors above was solved but the motor not running correct, make errors an go to "Over current"

Than I set the compiler optimisation to "Optimize for speed".

The motor runs a little bit at 30kHz PWM and execution rate of 1 but it shaking and stop running with "Speed feedback" error.

So i think the STM32F302 have not enogh calculation power for the sortware which is generated by CubeMX.

I am angry because I have bough two of this board and now this board is not usefull for me 😬

MKroe.1
Associate

Hello again,

now I have solve this problem bei use compiler optimation in STM32CubeIDE:

0693W000005ATSYQA4.jpgNow everithing works fine

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Corentin Méneau​,

did you find the same error messages as @MKroe.1​ ?

>> In Motor control workbench "FOC duration" and "Software error" was shown after "Start Motor"

If yes, try to solve the issue using the above-mentioned compiler optimization.

Otherwise, share a more detailed description of your issue:

• the procedure step-by-step to reproduce your issue,
  • What error messages are there?

Let us us know your feedback will be useful to address similar issue in the Community.

Hello @MKroe.1​ welcome to ST Community.

Thank you for sharing your solution to the issue! 😉

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards