cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t update STM32CubeIDE to 1.4.2

FTORR
Associate II

0693W000004JzrvQAC.pngHello,

I am trying to update my current installation (1.1.0) to 4.1.2, but CubeIDE throws this message every time.

I have looked for similar problems in the forum, but seems like no one has had this issue, and I don´t know how to solve it. Anyone could please help?

6 REPLIES 6
Julien D
ST Employee

Hello FTORR,

This has already be treated in another topic: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ByuFvZSQU/stm32cubeide-update-not-working

You have to check if the EPP Marketplace Client update-site URL exists in Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites, and if so uncheck or remove it. Then try again.

FTORR
Associate II

Hello Julien,

Thank you for your support and sorry but couldn´t find that post before asking. I have done it and that message does not appear anymore, but the update is still failing, now showing this.0693W000004K2bZQAS.pngAny suggestion?

Looks like the update failed during install phase because of incomplete module, an about.ini file is missing...

Does this issue is reproducible when launching again the update?

If yes, and only if, you could try to rename C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_1.4.0.202007081208 to C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_1.4.0.202007081208.backup.

And relaunch the update to download again this broken module.

Another thing to verify is your free disk space. Better to have more than 2Go to update from 1.1.0 to 1.4.2. At the end it will not use all this space, update just requires more temporary space to fetch and apply stuff safely.

FTORR
Associate II

Hi Julien. Yes, it happened even if retrying to update. Now, after renaming that folder, it complains that cannot open it with this new error (even if retrying the update):0693W000004KBdeQAG.png

FTORR
Associate II

Anyone can help please? I have tried to solve it myself but still I am not able to update. I´d prefer to use an ST microcontroller for the product, but updating CubeIDE is a must now.

FTORR
Associate II

Looking for a solution, I have found this thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000FPIt3SAH/bug-stlink-firmware-verification-no-stlink-detected-message-since-14x-update

I will stay on 1.1.0 for some more time, and not update until this issue is resolved in future releases.

Thanks for the support.