cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the STM32G4 cut2.1 and cut2.2 silicon version?

mckmk
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I am using from STM32G4 series MCUs. In these 32G series, according to what is written in the errata sheet, there are some problems with the ADC hardware for Cut2.2 (Device Marking Y).

The workaround provided doesn't work for me.

I have 3 different MCUs.

Device markings of these:

STM32G431RB -> Z

STM32G431CBU -> Y

STM32G474RE -> Z

written on the MCU.

(NOTE: Version Z -> Cut 2.1, Version Y -> 2.2)

However, when ordering, this information is not written anywhere. My choice is Cut2.1 but I don't know how to choose it for ordering.

I'm waiting for your help.

Also, I would not expect such a problem from ST.

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Mustafa ÇAKMAK​ ,

This ADC limitation was introduced only in Rev Y. New Rev X devices with corrected ADC bug should be ready next year, but unfortunately, I can't give you any target date for the moment.

I'm going to look into your question with our Marketing team and I'll come back to you as soon as I hear back from.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
mckmk
Associate II

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very happy that there is a new revision and these problems will be fixed.

It will be very useful for me if the X version is coming out soon.

It will be useful to give an exact date for our planning.

The revision should visible on the marking (depending on the package size).

The package device marking figures available in the datasheet, are an example of topside marking orientation versus pin 1 identifier location.

The printed markings may differ depending on the supply chain. 

0693W000004K6Z8QAK.jpg 

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
mckmk
Associate II

Sorry. I am using G431 and it just says "R" instead of Revision code in the datasheet. I have nucleo-G431, nucleo G474 and G431CBU. It writes on the codes I mentioned in my first article. Below is a photo for the Nucleo G431.

mckmk
Associate II

Here, Rev code is written as "Z" next to the text ARM. Likewise, it says "Z" on the G474 chip. Rev code "Y" on G431CBU.

I am having difficulty determining the Revision code because it says below in the datasheet.

If Rev X is coming out too far I'll have to go over the MCU options.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Mustafa ÇAKMAK​ ,

For more information regarding coming Rev X released, please contact your FAE.

Imen

Thanks
Imen